Photo and Recipe By: kitchenbelleicious
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus melted butter for brushing
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 8 ounces chocolate chips- half semi-sweet and half dark
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 4 TBSP of Speculoos Spread
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 425°. Brush four 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter.Transfer the ramekins to a sturdy baking sheet. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly and set aside, Melt the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips with the speculoos spread before adding it to the chocolate butter mixture. Set aside.
In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain. Add in the espresso and vanilla. Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour.
Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then spoon the peanut butter mixture on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still slightly jiggly. Transfer the ramekins to a rack and let cool for 5 to 8 minutes.