Photo and Recipe By: Sugary Sweets
For the Ice cream:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Creamy Speculoos spread
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup creamy Speculoos spread
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- For the ice cream, combine milk and sugar with a whisk until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream. Turn on your ice cream maker and pour mixture into freezer bowl. Mix until thickened, about 25 minutes. Spoon in the Speculoos spread (while still mixing) and continue mixing an additional 5 minutes. Turn off and pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze for 2 hours (or overnight) before using in the ice cream sandwiches.
- For the cookies, beat butter with sugars until combined. Add Speculoos, milk and vanilla and beat 1-2 minutes. Add egg. Beat in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Drop cookies by 2Tbsp scoop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove and cool on pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, pair cookies into same sized pairs. Scoop one large scoop of icecream onto one cookie. Top with second cookie, pressing slightly. Enjoy immediately or wrap cookies individually in foil and return to freezer to enjoy later!
**Make your ice cream according to YOUR machine directions for vanilla ice cream. Add Speculoos in during the last 5 minutes. It's okay if it doesn't mix in completely, the unmixed Speculoos freezes into delicious chunks! **If you don't want to make ice cream sandwiches, you can enjoy the soft ice cream immediately. Store ice cream in freezer safe container for up to one week. ENJOY. **to keep your cookies nice a flat, freeze cookies for one hour before adding ice cream.