We are giving you TWO recipes for today! Churros — a delicious Mexican fritter — and then you can make them extra delicious by dipping them in Speculoos dip, yummo!
CHURROSYield: 4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup cookie butter
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in cookie butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in whipped cream, and continue folding until blended.
- Serve with churros or other dippers.
Enjoy this delicious duo not only on Cinco de Mayo, but any day!
Let us know if you tried this combination and how it tasted in the comments below.