Photo and Recipe By: 365 days of baking
Perfect for this summer! Banana Cookie Ice Cream will quench your sweet tooth! Follow recipe here:
Makes 1 quart
1/2 cup milk
7 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup half & half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup pureed banana (I used 3 medium)
2/3 cup Speculoos Spread
· In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, scald milk until bubbles form around the edges, but don't boil. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar and salt until dissolved.
· Mix in vanilla, half & half, and whipping cream. Whisk in pureed banana.
· Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place in ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
· Before placing in freezer, pour contents into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
· Drizzle the Speculoos spread into the mixture while gently folding it in. You don't want to completely mix it, you want ribbons of it throughout. Place sealed container in freezer until ice cream hardens.