For The Bread
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of your Speculoos cookie butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
For The Optional Streusel
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, slightly softened and cut into pieces
Make The Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Line an 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides to act as "handles". Grease parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together your mashed bananas, speculoos spread, canola oil, egg, vanilla, and sugars.
- Add the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't overmix! Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
Make The Streusel
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients. Using a fork, cut the butter evenly into the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the unbaked loaf.
- Bake bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown before the bread is done baking, place aluminum foil loosely over the bread and finish baking.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and using the parchment "handles" life the bread and remove from the loaf pan.
- Transfer bread to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.