Photo and Recipe by Bakers Royale
This yummy treat taste like heaven, indulge your sweet tooth on this magnificent creation using our very own speculoos spread. Follow recipe below:
- 4 oz. (8 Tbs.) unsalted butter; more for the pan
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Scant 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4-1/2 oz. (1 cup) flour
- 2 Tbs. natural cocoa (not Dutch-processed)
Speculoos Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Speculoos spread
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3 oz. chocolate, melted
- 5 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
To make brownie
- Place butter and chocolate in a bowl and set it over simmering water, stir until melted. Set aside melted mixture slightly cooled. Add in the sugar, salt, vanilla and stir until blended. Add in the eggs, one at a time, stirring each time until blended. Add the flour and cocoa; beat until incorporated and the mixture is smooth, about 30 to 60 seconds. Scrape batter into prepared cake pan and bake until the top is uniformly colored with no indentation and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean, with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Set the pan on a rack until cool. Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan and then invert the pan onto a flat surface and peel off the parchment. Flip the baked brownie back onto the rack to cool completely.
To make Speculoos frosting
- Add butter, Speculoos and powdered sugar in a bowl and beat on medium low until creamy. Add heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy. Add additional heavy cream or powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Spread Speculoos frosting on top and smooth out surface with an offset spatula. Place small dots of chocolate sauce on top, about a 1/2 inch apart. Use the back of a spoon and press and turn slightly to create the finished look. Rim the edge of the Speculoos frosting with chocolate sprinkles