Photo and Recipe by: Mondomulia
Butter cream Ingredients
- 140g butter
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
Cake Pops Ingredients
- 600g cake
- 200g buttercream frosting
- 4 tbsp Speculoos Spread
- 400g chocolate or candy melts
- lollipop sticks
· Prepare the buttercream frosting by beating the butter in a large bowl with the icing sugar, until smooth. Add one or two tablespoons of milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
· Crumble the madeleines in small pieces using your fingers, then mix the crumbles with the buttercream frosting and the speculoos spread until you have a dough like mixture.
· Place mixture into fridge to firm up for at least 30 minutes (the longer, the better). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
· When the dough is firm, scoop out small portions and roll into a ball, then place this on the baking sheet. Repeat until all mixture has gone. Keep the balls in the fridge, so they stay firm (I kept them overnight).
· Melt the chocolate or candy melts in a bain-marie or in the microwave. If you are using the microwave, be careful to use medium power and stir the chocolate every 30 seconds.
· Dip one lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then push it in a cold cake bite. Repeat this step until you have used all the sticks, before starting to coat the cake bites. This will allow the chocolate to stiff around the stick.
· If the chocolate sets in the bowl, melt it again in the microwave.
· Dip the whole cake pop in the chocolate, using a spoon to ensure the chocolate is spread evenly. Gently tap the cake pop on the side of the bowl to let the extra chocolate drip off.
· Before the chocolate sets on the cake pop, add the sprinkles. You can dry the cake pop facing up (you will need a foam block) or facing down (placing them on a plate).