Photo and Recipe by: unsophisticook
· 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
· 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 2/3 cup cocoa powder
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 3 eggs
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 cup Speculoos Spread, melted
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Line a square 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper or give it a coating of baking spray.
3. Melt the butter on the stove top in a sauce pan or in the microwave. Whisk in sugar, salt and cocoa powder, and then stir in vanilla extract.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs well, and then whisk in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder until well combined. Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Melt Speculoos Spread in the microwave and drizzle over the top of the brownie batter. Use a clean butter knife to swirl the Speculoos Spread into the batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.