Photo and Recipe by: Fabstatic
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Yield: About 1 1/2 Quarts
Creamy, smooth Speculoos Ice Cream loaded with Cinnamon Chips!
- 3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Speuculoos spread
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chips
- In a large bowl cream together the cream cheese and cookie butter, set aside.
- Fill a separate large bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons of milk with the cornstarch and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, stir together the remaining milk, cream, salt, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Whisking occasionally bringing it to a rolling boil, where the milk is bubbling but not boiling over, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then remove from heat, and slowly whisk in the cornstarch slurry.
- Bring back onto the stove, with a rubber spatula, constantly stir for about two minutes.
- Remove from heat, and slowly pour into the large bowl with the speculoos-cream cheese mixture. Going back and forth between the whisk and the rubber spatula, stir until the speculoos spread is fully melted into the milk mixture. It may take 2-3 minutes, but it will fully melt and you'll have a golden brown liquid!
- Once everything is mixed together well, set the bowl in the ice bath for 30-40 minutes, adding additional ice cubes if necessary to fully cool the liquid.
- Once cooled all the way through, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers instructions. Mine takes about 20-25 minutes.
- In the remaining 2 minutes, pour in the cinnamon chips.
- When its done transfer to a freezer safe container, cover with a lid, or plastic wrap pressed onto the ice cream. Freeze at least two hours. Enjoy!