Photo and Recipe by: Kicthen Meets Girl
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 6 tablespoons Speculoos spread
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and arrange rack in the center position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Arrange crackers evenly on your baking sheet, leaving a bit of space in between each cracker. I was able to fit 5 rows of 8 crackers on my sheet.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until melted. Allow mixture to come to a boil for 3 minutes without stirring. Pour the hot mixture over your crackers and bake for 5 minutes.
- While your crackers are in the oven, melt the Speculoos spread in a small saucepan or in a microwave safe bowl. Remove the toffee from the oven and spread the melted Speculoos spread over the top. Quickly sprinkle with chocolate chips, and return to the oven for 1 more minute.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to gently smooth out the Speculoos spread and white chocolate mixture. Place in the freezer for one hour to set. Break into pieces to gift or enjoy yourself.
- Keep airtight in refrigerator or at room temperature for 10 to 14 days.