Photo and Recipe by: Andtheycookhappilyeverafter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Speculoos spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8oz. milk (or dark) chocolate
- *colored sprinkles
1) On a large baking sheet, place 20-24 mini sized paper baking cups.
2) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and Speculoos spread over low heat until fully combined. Remove from heat and gently fold in the confectioner sugar a little at a time until a dough-like ball forms. Set aside and let cool for about 10-15 minutes, until it's no longer hot to touch.
3) In the meantime, melt your chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
4) Place about 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate in the bottom of the paper baking cups. Then, take another 1/2 teaspoon of the Speculoos spread dough, roll it between your palms and then flatten the ball a bit to make an oval disk. Place the disk on top of the chocolate, and then cover the Speculoos spread disk with another 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Feel free to use more of the Speculoos spread dough for the center, depending on how thick you would like it to be. Whatever you decide to put in the center will ultimately determine how many you end up with.
5) Let sit at room temperature until chocolate hardens, or chill in the refrigerator to speed up the hardening time.