Photo and Recipe by Candico
This holiday season Speculoos crembulee will surely be a star once you served it as a dessert, follow recipe below:
For 4 persons:
- 4 level tablespoons of Candico light brown soft sugar
- 30 g of castor sugar (‘Tiense Suiker’)
- 80 g of Speculoos spread
- 50 cl of full-cream milk
- 4 egg yolks
- Heat the oven to 5 – 150 °C.
- Beat the egg yolks with the castor sugar to a pale frothy mixture.
- Melt the crumbled Speculoos spread in half of the milk on a low heat until completely melted. Add the rest of the milk, pour this mixture over the eggs and mix.
- Divide the mixture over 4 crème brûlee dishes (or 4 soufflé dishes). Put them in a large oven-proof tray and fill it with warm water to ¾ way up the small dishes. Leave to bake for 30 min. Leave to completely cool and then place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Just before serving cover the crèmes with a fine layer of soft brown sugar and caramelise with a crème brûlée torch or under a hot grill (if using the grill, place ice cubes around the dishes). Wait 5 min and serve.