Photo and Recipe by: Del’s Cooking Twist
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 250g speculoos biscuits/spread
- 125g unsalted butter
- 397g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large organic eggs
- 3 lemons (juice + zests of 1 lemon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. For the speculoos base: mix the speculoos biscuit with the help of a rolling pin (put the biscuits in a freezer bag, close the bag and roll over with the rolling pin). When the speculoos biscuits are finely crumbled, melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Mix the butter and the speculoos spread together in a blender, then spread the mixture in a greased and floured cake pan with a removable bottom. Press with your hands or with a glass to mold the pan. Reserve in the fridge.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and condensed milk. Add the lemon juice and the zests and whisk again until it thickens a little bit. Pour the batter over the cake pan shell and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, cool completely and put in the fridge for approx. 1 hour. Remove from the pan and serve.