YIELDS 18 TRUFFLES
2 hr Prep Time
30 min Cook Time
2 hr, 30 Total Time
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Speculoos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat the white chocolate and cream together in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and stir until smooth (it will be thick).
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cookie butter and unsalted butter until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out some of the mixture and quickly roll it into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet or large plate.
- Repeat with all of the truffles.
- It's ok if the mixture starts to melt a bit while rolling.
- Once all of the truffles are rolled, place in the refrigerator to chill until firm (20-30 minutes).
- Once firm, re-roll the truffles to fine tune their round shape and then place in the freezer for an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the bittersweet chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Place a slotted spoon or spatula over the bowl of chocolate and then place a frozen truffle on top.
- Use a ladle to pour chocolate over the truffle until covered, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the truffle on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining truffles.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate firms up.
- Serve chilled.
Begin this recipe a day in advance. Follow steps 1 and 2 in the evening and the remaining steps before serving.