Speculoos Banana Bread with Speculoos Cookie Streusel
Banana bread with Speculoos Spread and a sweet Speculoos Cookie streusel topping. Speculoos lovers will love this fun banana bread!
Prep time: 10 MINUTES
Cook time: 60 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Speculoos Spread
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
For the Speculoos Cookie Streusel:
- 1/2 cup chopped Speculoos cookies (available here)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together your mashed bananas, Speculoos Spread, canola oil, egg, vanilla, and sugars.
- Add the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy, don't over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped Speculoos cookies, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown before the bread is done baking, place aluminum foil loosely over the bread and finish baking.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.