Mocha Speculoos Cupcakes
Yield: 20-24 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1/4 C. hot water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil
- 3/4 C. buttermilk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1/2 C. Speculoos
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 3-4 C. powdered sugar
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix instant coffee and hot water and stir until dissolved. (You can do this in a mug)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cake mix until smooth.
- Add coffee-water mixture and stir again.
- Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Beat butter and speculoos until smooth.
- Add milk and powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- If it becomes too thick, stream in more milk.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with chocolate covered espresso beans.