Speculoos Spread Spider Cookies
Prep Time 60 min
Total Time 60 min
- 1 cup creamy Speculoos cookie butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 36 chewy caramels in milk chocolate
- Black or red string licorice
- 1/3 cup (72) M&M's™ minis chocolate candies
- black decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube)
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately press 1 chewy caramel in center of each cookie.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Cut licorice into 8 (2-inch) pieces for each spider. Attach legs by sticking into chewy caramel.
- Use M&M's for eyes and black gel to make pupils in eyes.