Speculoos-Filled Donut Holes
You're going to like this delicious treat a HOLE lot!
- 1 can biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup Speculoos creamy spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- Take each pre-cut dough disc and divide into three even pieces
- Take one piece and stretch ball into a flat round disk
- Place heaping 1/2 teaspoon Speculoos spread into center of dough, then seal
- Turn dough back into a ball, make sure it is completely pinched sealed so filling won't leak out Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat pot with enough oil deep enough for frying, about 1 - 1 1/2 inches deep
- Once oil is hot enough (you can test heat with a wooden spoon, place it in the oil, if bubbles appear than the oil is ready), place several balls inside
- Let fry for about 1 minute and flip over to other side
- Keep in oil until both sides are a a medium golden brown
- Remove from frying pan and place on a plate to let cool (you may want to remove one to test and cut open to make sure inside dough is fully cooked)
- Repeat frying until all dough is used up
- While donuts are cooling, pour sugar into a large plastic zip-up bag
- After donut holes are cool enough to touch, put them into the bag and mix the donuts around until they are fully coated before removing from bag
- Do this in several batches
Last step: enjoy this delicious treat!